A huge thank you to everyone who has supported our craftspeople, makers, bakers, and farmers by keeping Christmas local this year and shopping at Great Rock Co-op!
A very merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year to all our customers!
We’ll be open again on Tuesday 5 January, taking orders until 5pm on Thursday 7 January for delivery on Saturday 9 January, and then the same each week after that. We look forward to providing local produce to our members throughout 2021 – no matter what they world has in store for us all!
Online shop opening!
Welcome to the Great Rock Co-op. Our shop, owned and run by its suppliers and customers, is dedicated to providing great locally produced food and craft to the community around Blackshawhead and the Upper Calder Valley.
It has been great to support both our consumer and producer members over the difficult times in 2020 by delivering delicious local meat, eggs, cheese, veg and ethical produce to doorsteps around the tops and the upper valley. We don’t feel the shop can provide a safe environment for staff or customers to visit yet so we will be continuing our online ordering and delivery service for the foreseeable future. New customers are still welcome to sign up for an online account.
HOW IT WORKS:
- The shop is part of GRC’s website here at https://www.greatrockcoop.co.uk.
- It opens every Tuesday evening and remain open until 5pm on Thursdays. ***Opening extended for Christmas Market during December***
- After that orders are prepared and these will be delivered to your doorstep on Saturday morning.
- You will receive an invoice which should be paid by bank transfer – all the details will be provided.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- If you are already a member of the Great Rock Co-op, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want an online account. If you are not a member yet you can join here.
- You will receive an email with your log-in details. You’ll have to change your password the first time you log into the site.
- Once the shop opens you should see links to SHOP, BASKET, CHECKOUT, and MY ACCOUNT in the main menu at the top of the GRC homepage. If you can’t see these it probably means you’re not logged in so click on MEMBERS AREA and try logging in again.
- Now you’ll be able to browse the different aisles of the shop and add goods just like on any other major supermarket site. You can view your basket at any time and when you are ready just click on checkout.
- Please don’t pay for your goods until you receive them. There may be minor adjustments to the final bill depending on buy-by-weight products and availability.
- Your order will be delivered on Saturday morning and we will email your updated bill when your stuff leaves the shop. Please check this matches what you have received and let us know of any issues.
We hope the new system will save time and paper, and let customers see the stock which is available at the time they place their order, so reducing disappointment. We plan to continue with payment by bank transfer as we are reluctant to see several percent of your bill going to card companies but we’d welcome your feedback on this.
If you have friends or neighbours who’d like to join then do let then know how to do this. Remember though, we are only delivering within a 3-mile radius of the shop so we can’t help your granny in Bogner Regis unfortunately!
Thanks again for your on going support. Stay safe!